Sunday 4 September 2011

Another little gem in Morningside

I've reviewed already several of the B&Bs who belong to the network informally known among themselves as the "Morningside Mafia": Bob and Jill Knox at 4 Morningside Place, Bolette Nason at 1 Tipperlinn Road, and Keith Paterson at Alexanders Rooms.

Just up the road from Keith, at 1 Albert Terrace, is the home of Clarissa Notley, "an American who has adopted Edinburgh and Scotland as her home".

As with any of the Morningside Mafia I'm assured of a warm welcome from Clarissa, and her two beautiful Siamese cats Lottie and Lily. Clarissa is a lovely friendly lady who's always ready for a chat - and as she knows a great deal about the theatre, art and literature, that will always be a very interesting conversation.

Clarissa also provides delicious and innovative breakfasts. Last time I stayed there it was American pancakes with maple syrup, apple and cinnamon. Mmm. And I can still taste the cinnamon buns, too...

I'd recommend any and all of the ladies and gentlemen of the Morningside Mafia to anyone who's looking for a warm, comfortable and friendly B&B to stay in a pleasant residential suburb of Edinburgh. For me, staying with one or other of them 2 nights a week, they always create for me a home away from home.

Thank you all - and thank you to my good friend and former colleague Michael Green, for directing me to the Mafia last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is fully moderated. Please feel free to post your comments but I will zap any that are obscene, inappropriate or just plain nasty.