Monday 8 August 2011

A new gentleman in the Mafia

I regularly spend two nights a week in Edinburgh now, given I work there but live in Cumbria.

I've been lucky enough to stumble on (or to be more accurate, to have a friend and former colleague stumble on) an informal network of B&Bs run by some wonderful people in their own homes in the Morningside area. Bob and Jill Knox are just one example. And if Jill can't put me up she'll find somewhere else for me to stay. Which is amazing.

The network calls itself "The Morningside Mafia".

And the Mafia now has a new member - Keith Paterson, who runs Alexanders Rooms.

Keith provides all the little luxuries that's great to come back to at the end of a hard working day - large comfortable rooms, fresh fruit, thick fluffy towels in the bathroom. He'll go the extra mile to make sure his guests are comfortable.

Last time I stayed at Alexanders Rooms, I had a rotten cold. Keith turned the heating up, put a supply of Lemsips in my room, and offered me a hot water bottle. And he even gave me some more Lemsips and some fresh fruit to take to work the following day.

That's what I call good service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is fully moderated. Please feel free to post your comments but I will zap any that are obscene, inappropriate or just plain nasty.